Reset Firefox to its default state
- Click the menu buttonÂ Â and then click helpÂ Â .
- From theÂ
Â menu chooseÂ .
If you’re unable to access theÂÂ menu, typeÂ about:supportÂ in your address bar to bring up theÂ Troubleshooting informationÂ page.
- Click theÂ Â button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
- To continue, clickÂ Â in the confirmation window that opens.
- Firefox will close and be reset. When it’s done, a window will list the information that was imported. ClickÂ Â and Firefox will open.
What does the reset feature do?
All of your Firefox settings and personal information are stored in aÂ profile folder. The reset feature works by creating a new profile folder for you while saving your important data.
Firefox will save these things:
- Browsing history
- Open windows, tabs and tab groups
- Web form auto-fill information
- Personal dictionary
These items and settings will be removed: