After going about this all wrong, I finally managed to configure this product the correct way in order to create a shared folder that was shareable amongst several computers, just like Dropbox. Of course, you already know how much I hate Dropbox mainly because it turns your Intel Core i5 7th Gen processor into a 1990s Pentium!
- Install GoogleDrive (Google Backup and Sync) onto the main computer
- Right-click the little icon in the System Tray (this can take 30 seconds), three dots, Preferences
- CHOOSE FOLDER (and optionally deselect suggested folders)
- Using Explorer (My Computer etc) right-click the folder you chose, Google Drive, Share or View on Web
- Type in the email addresses of all the people you want to share the folder with