1. To enable importing from other webmail hosts:
- Sign inÂ to theÂ GoogleÂ AdminÂ console.
- From the dashboard, go toÂ AppsÂ >Â GÂ SuiteÂ >Â GmailÂ >Â Advanced settings.
- In theÂ SetupÂ section, check the box next toÂ User email uploadsÂ to let users seeÂ the option to import mail and contacts from webmail or POP3 accounts, such asÂ Yahoo!, Hotmail, orÂ AOL.Tip: If you don’t see this section, select your account’s top-level organization underÂ OrganizationsÂ at the top of the page. This feature isn’t available when a sub-organization is selected.
- ClickÂ Save.Â There might be a delay before changes take effect.
- Tell your users to go toÂ GmailÂ >Â SettingsÂ to start the import process. For details, seeÂ Import contacts into your Gmail accountÂ andÂ Check email from other accounts with Gmail.
2. Install GÂ Suite Migration for Microsoft Outlook
After you have configured GÂ Suite, verified the Windows system requirements on each client machine, provisioned your users in GÂ Suite, and migrated your shared contacts, your next step is to install GÂ Suite Migration for Microsoft Outlook on each user’s computer.
You have two options for installation:
- Push an .msi to your users, and let them use theÂ Run Advertised ProgramsÂ option in the Windows Control Panel. Download the .msi file below (be sure to pick the correct version for your users’ version of Outlook). For information on implementing the .msi file, consult your Windows documentation.
Download the GoogleAppsClientMigration.msi:
- Let your users get the utility from theÂ GSMMOÂ download page, and complete the installation themselves.
To run the installer:
Double-clickÂ OutlookMigrationSetup.exe, then clickÂ Run.
The utility is installed in the following location:
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Apps Migration\ClientMigration.exe.